February 29, 2012
|I already took out the drawers. But here is the before.|
|It is for my Daughter and turned out awesome!|
February 27, 2012
I found this Desk at goodwill for 35.00. All the drawers worked, and it was a big solid desk, so I bought it! Thank goodness I had my hubby with me!
|Here is the before!|
|I found it at LOWES!|
|Here is it Primed.|
I did 2 solid coats.
While Priming I discovered it was a Lazy boy brand and came from a Bank.
Talk about an awesome score! Soon you will see the desk we acquired as a temporary and used for 4 years! Its going in my Daughters room and is in the process of being painted PINK!
Here is the finished product!
|I think black makes everything Better!|
(and yes the walls are ugly, but we are renting)
There you go!
February 17, 2012
I wish I had taken before pictures and Pictures along the way. But honestly I wasn't sure how this would turn out. So here is a shirt exactly like the one I cut up only a different color.
Since this was my first refashion of this kind I call it a success! A few tips, try on your shirt before cutting extra and use a favorite shirt as a pattern. plus take into account the stretchiness of both fabrics. And last try on before deciding where to place flowers. I would have liked mine a little higher.
|men's extra large|
|I used the extra for the ruffle and flowers.|
|I kept the original hem but ruffled the sleeves and gave them a new hem.|
February 16, 2012
So my oldest boy uses a reverse walker, he had a nasty bag zip tied to it from the school P.T.(physical therapist). It was ugly,could hold all his stuff, so all it did was lighten his back pack but he still had to use one. I decided to make him one. Since I'm not clever enough to actually design a pattern I used See and Sew B4583 and left off the strap. instead I did 3 straps that button, those I did come up with on my own.
I am super happy with it and now he doesn't have to carry a heavy backpack!
February 15, 2012
|The top fabric is vintage, it belonged to my Grandma.|
|This dress was super easy!|
February 10, 2012
This Dress took me 2 days total. Over all it wasn't the easiest but it wasn't the hardest either. It was my first time doing pockets and working with bias tape. I love the finished product!
She is planning on wearing it to the Daddy Daughter Dance at school next week!
|Notice the fabric Flowers. You can find that tutorial here.|
|Here is the finished dress|